The Fiscal Corruptocrat follows the latest happenings with Wall St., the economy and corruption ridden governments.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gan-"Green" Advertising Is In Need Of Amputation Stat!

Is it just me?

Nah... It can't be... Is it?

I'll tell you, I am absolutely sick of seeing any sort of advertising utilizing "Green" terminology. Sick of it!

Perhaps I'm the only one, and if so, then the world can read along and see this as the delusional writings of some insane nobody who is so far removed from what's 'really going on'.

Here's the problem: whether you believe in anthropogenic global warming, climate change or any other newly created iteration in this realm or not (Disclaimer - I DON'T) do you care if company's are acting in a manner that supposedly has less of an impact on whatever thing it is you believe in than they previously did? If you do, do you want them advertising the crap out of it every possible chance they get?

I don't care if the bus is running on 'clean fuels'
I don't care if the curly lightbulb lasts 8x longer when it costs 20x as much as a regular one
I don't care if there's a reduction in CO2 emissions from one thing or another
Carbon footprint... what? Carbon footprint?!?
Al Gore - umm, nothing else to say here... well, maybe hypocrite...

To all the company's out there who think this is helping to generate business - it's not. At least not from my wallet. I'm so sickened by the connotations with 'green' now that I actively avoid products and company's who use this as a platform to market products. Advertise to me all you want. Track me all over the web and target market things to me. But please, please don't integrate any more 'green' crap into these campaigns. I promise I won't by any more of your products. By that, I mean I won't purchase personally for myself, I won't purchase for friends and family and I'll advise friends and family to avoid them as well. That's all.

Next top tech invention: Anti-Green advertising plug-in

*** For those interested in learning why I have these 'crazed and delusional' ideas, take some time to read this well researched, thorough, objective and easy to understand work on Anthropogenic Global Warming by a former Atmospheric Physicist
blog comments powered by Disqus